Friday, September 30, 2005

I Need a Hand Job

NewFNP is no germophobe, unlike a certain successful law clerk I know, but when one sees 22 patients a day, 50% of whom have complaints that include vomiting, diarrhea, cough and congestion, one washes one's hands multiple times per day. I generally wash before each patient, after some patients, before and after eating, and after using the bathroom. That is approximately 30 - 40 washes per 9 hour day.

My hands are wrecked. Dry, cracked, raggedy-cuticle messes!

I use the blue spa lotion before going to bed at night. I use it liberally, but it can't compete with the multiple daily hand-washing assaults. I thought I was leaving my love affair with Vaseline on the east coast when I left, but I was sorely mistaken.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You and me both. And I don't even wash my hands!